Power, Performance, and Productivity in a Mid-Size Tractor
Case IH Puma® series tractors are equipped with more power, stability and features to handle a variety of tasks on livestock, dairy and mixed-crop operations. When you don’t want to compromise power for flexibility, choose Puma.
Enhanced Operator Comfort, Increased Efficiency
Model Year 2022 Puma series tractors give you the latest Case IH styling and lighting, enhanced quality and increased service intervals to maximize productivity and while also offering additional comfort features that enhance every aspect of the operator experience.
Lighting & Styling
- New grill with enhanced LED work lights provide a uniformly lit work area.
- New rear-view mirror design and enhanced safety lighting on Model Year 2022 Puma series tractors provide additional visibility for greater operator accuracy.
- Enhanced quality and new features, such as an in-cab cool box, provide exceptional operator comfort.
- Low-mounted front wiper, available for all Model Year 2022 Puma series tractors, provides maximum visibility in any conditions.
- New steps, monitor bar, battery cutoff switch and elastic hood closing rope put operator convenience front and center.
- Hi-eSCR2 emissions technology allows for longer service intervals — 750 hours for engine oil and 1,500 hours for transmission fluid.
- When equipped with CVXDrive™ continuously variable transmission, Puma models 185 to 240 provide greater customization to match transmission behavior with any job.
- Drivability enhancements help achieve smoother acceleration, deceleration and shuttle behavior.
- Model Year 2022 Puma series tractors offer a new loader joystick with reverser for greater drivability.
Greater Efficiency, Lower Running Costs
Puma series tractors feature world-class engine design innovations developed in collaboration between Case IH and FPT engineers. Equipped with Case IH Hi-eSCR2 emissions technology, Puma series tractors are more responsive and reliable, delivering more horsepower with less fuel.
Powerful, Reliable Engine
- Case IH 6.7-L, 6-cylinder turbocharged, intercooled engine
- 24 valves for better gas exchange and faster throttle response
- Cross Flow cylinder head design helps to keep the intake side cool. The cylinder is charged with cooler air for better combustion, more torque and lower fuel consumption.
- Common Rail Injection
- 750-hour service interval
Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
- Meets the tough new Tier 4 B/Final emissions standards
- SCR after-treatment converts nitrogen oxides into nitrogen and water vapors
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF), a nontoxic mixture, triggers the change
- Engine design reduces particulate matter created by incomplete fuel burning
- Ten percent lower operating costs with exhaust as clean as the intake air
Engine Power Management
- Increases productivity under varying conditions
- The engine controller switches to a higher power/torque curve
- Engagement of engine power management (also called boost) happens autonomously whenever boost conditions are available
- Boost levels are variable depending on engine load, driveline torque, speed and hydraulic demand
The Right Transmission for Every Task
The Case IH Puma series tractor offers two transmission options that handle the most demanding applications. Both the PowerDrive and CVXDrive transmission are controlled with the easy-to-use MultiFunction Handle — which puts 90% of the most commonly used functions right at your fingertips.
CVXDRIVE CONTINUOUSLY VARIABLE TRANSMISSION
Smooth and Simple
Select the desired target speed, and CVXDrive works seamlessly with the engine to find the right gear ratio and engine speed to achieve the most efficient operation possible.
Active Stop Feature
Provides a powered neutral that prevents tractor movement, even with fully loaded trailers and implements on steep slopes. Allows for starting and stopping without using the clutch or brakes.
Maintains power to the ground. Shifting of gears is done automatically and never under a load, which saves fuel. Roading speeds of up to 30 mph (50 kph) can be achieved at engine speeds as low as 1,550 rpm (Puma 185 to 240 CVXDrive). Save time and money moving between fields.
Easy to Customize
Puma CVXDrive features the same split throttle design found on all Case IH CVXDrive transmissions. Simply set the minimum and maximum engine rpm needed, and the transmission does the rest.
POWERDRIVE POWERSHIFT TRANSMISSION
Options to Fit Your Needs
Available in an 18x6 version or a 19x6 eco version that provides roading speeds at lower rpm; 30 mph (50 kph) and creeper options are available.
Made to Last
Robust, proven and reliable transmission providing longer life
PowerDrive is a true powershift transmission with easy one-button shifting, without torque interruptions. Nine gears in field working range make it easy to find the right speed.
Automatic Productivity Management (APM)
APM automatically manages shifting and engine rpm to optimize field or road performance. Simply choose your speed, and the transmission does the rest.