High Efficiency Crop Production
Strip-till delivers the agronomic advantages of conventional tillage with the conservation and cost benefits of no-till. When properly adapted to local conditions, strip-till conserves soil, reduces production costs and saves time.
Flexibility and Durability Drive Consistency
Durability, adjustability and flexibility each play a critical role in any tillage equipment’s success. When it comes to strip-till implements, expectations are high, and rightfully so — you have one pass to get it right. We designed the frame to help ensure the Nutri-Tiller exceeds expectations.
Designed to Exceed Expectations
- The Nutri-Tiller 955 is available in 8-, 12-, 16-, and 24-row working widths
- The toolbar on the 12- and 16-row models flex in three sections — and the 24-row model flexes in five sections — for excellent ground-following.
- Flexibility to stagger coulters and row units for improved crop residue flow and faster operating speeds
- Steel, welded bridge construction results in a stronger frame
- Rounded gussets provide increased toolbar strength
- Three ranks of tubing add strength, stability, and flexibility for improved crop residue flow and faster operating speeds
WHEELS & TIRES
Walking-tandem axles on the mainframe and wings help row units ride at a consistent depth.
Optional Stubble-Resistant Tires
- Increased durability pays off both during transport and in the field
- Larger footprint improves floatation and reduces soil compaction
Durable front and rear hitches are aligned for even weight transfer and reduced lateral stress
Larger, heavier hitch casting allows for towing capacity up to 25,000 pounds
Reduce Hitch Movement
Replaceable poly wear pads on support and contact points ease hitch movement
Easier Tank Hitching
Constant level rear hitch features a reliable hitch casting, which swings and extends for easier tank hitching
LEVELING & DEPTH CONTROL
Easy Adjustments to Match Conditions
Single-point depth control provides for quick adjustments and allows you to easily change settings according to changing fields and conditions. Plus, an independently adjusted leveling control for inner wing gauge wheels provides greater simplicity and durability. The 60-foot unit includes a turnbuckle for front-to-back toolbar leveling.
A Row Unit That Sets the Stage for Your Success
From the moment the coulter meets that top layer of soil and crop residue until a well-conditioned berm emerges, the objective is to create an ideal environment to get your crop get off to a fast, uniform start. Row unit components work in harmony to create optimal agronomic conditions in a single, high-efficiency pass
- Large, 24-inch coulter successfully cuts through tough residue.
- Independent mounting and a set-screw design lock in depth settings.
- Down-pressure spring provides reliable penetration for consistent fertilizer placement.
- The durable row unit provides the right mix of soil, air and water, while precisely placing fertilizer and the result is a 10-inch strip surface that’s ready for planting.
- Row cleaner effectively moves high levels of residue without gouging or riding above residue.
- Two adjustable down-pressure spring settings help match row cleaner aggressiveness to field conditions.
- Ability to float or stow row cleaners above the soil surface for lighter residue levels, such as soybean stubble.
- High-clearance Shanktm for Strip-Till (HCS ST) maintains a constant tillable depth for accurate nutrient placement.
- A 1¼ by 2 inch edge-bent shank and an improved mounting design, ensure the knife and shank stay aligned for pass-to-pass accuracy.
- Knife adapter shifts the shear point from the knife-mount bolts to the knife adapter, greatly reducing shear bolt or knife breakage.
Building the Best Berm
Our goal was to design a strip-till system that creates the ideal environment for your crop. That means a uniform berm that’s properly shaped and sized. It also means a soil profile with increased pore space and improved soil tilth.
The Ideal Berm
- Berm Build’r™ creates uniform berms that are properly shaped and sized, while increasing pore space for improved soil tilth.
- Die plates mounted to the HCS ST ensure that the disks remain in position relative to the shank, always catching and containing the soil and shaping the berm.
- Concave, 18-inch notched sealing disks feature holes on the disk face to reduce moist soil buildup and the need to clean.
- Optional, concave 18-inch unsharpened disks without holes available for less aggressive tillage.
Finishing the Berm
- Berm Condition’r™ breaks down and sizes clods, providing a uniform seedbed for optimal germination and uniform emergence with two berm condition basket options.
- Large, 14-inch rolling baskets catch soil flowing out of the Berm Build’r, keep it within the tilled area, smooth berm tops and finalize the seedbed before planting.
- Best for fall: The concave design provides benefits of a rolling basket but leaves more pore space as the berm overwinters.
- Best for spring: The flat-bar options provides more clod fracturing and sizing, helps settle the soil, and firm the berm.