Higher Capacity Farming
Case IH Windrowers allow you to get to the field faster and muscle through the tough spots, all without sacrificing harvest quality or operator comfort. Transport speeds up to 30 mph and cutting speeds up to 20 mph together with simplified operations and innovations such as Field Cruise and the Triple Windrower Attachment bring peak efficiency to your operation.
Windrower Innovations for Maximum Productivity
What is Field Cruise?
Field Cruise is a new software feature that now is included with all 6-cylinder windrowers equipped with a AFS Pro 700 display. This software allows the operator to choose to run in a fuel-saving Eco mode or a high-productive Power mode. This software includes the ECO Power Mode, Power Cruise Mode and Headland Feature.
ECO Power Mode
The machine continuously monitors engine load and maintains the lowest engine speed to maintain the desired ground speed. When heavier crop is encountered, the engine speed increases to what is needed. If the crop is so heavy that disc speed drops, ground speed will be temporarily lowered.
Power Cruise Mode
In this mode, the engine load is kept consistent by varying the ground speed. In heavy crop, the speed is decreased; in light crop it is increased.
This mode allows the operator to negotiate headlands more easily. A single button on the multi-function handle can be set to slow the machine and raise the head. Once the operator gets lined up for the next pass, another press of the same button will lower the head and return the machine to the preset speed. The headland sequence can also control a merger attachment (if equipped). This feature can run simultaneously with either ECO Power or Power Cruise modes.
TRIPLE WINDROWER ATTACHMENT
Triple Windrow Attachment (TWA)
The Triple Windrow Attachment (TWA) for Case IH WD5 windrowers turns your machine into more than just a cutting and conditioning implement. The TWA eliminates the need to rake and merge with other implements saving time, fuel and expense. The TWA can build the windrow of your choice by merging two or three swaths into a single windrow.
Easy To Use
- In-Cab controls let the operator adjust the speed of the belt to build the desired windrow.
- When not in use the TWA folds tightly under the windrower to allow for a single swath or is locked upright for roading
The merger allows 2 or 3 windrows to be placed toether which can reduce trips across the field to rake or merge the crop.
The TWA crop merger can be installed on MY16 and newer WD2104/2504 (Tier 4B) and WD2105/WD2505 using RD163 or RD193 disc headers. An auxiliary pump is required on the SPW to provide the correct hydraulic flow rate; kit p/n 48156661. The merger is not compatible with sickle heads.
- Redesigned precision ground drive system monitors wheel speed differences and self-compensates by adjusting wheel speeds to ensure the best tracking possible and straight-line travel
- Drive-by-wire ground propulsion and steering system make road transport and field work easier by providing retaining light-touch steering
- Road speeds up to 30 mph get you to the field faster
- Cutting speeds up to 20 mph save you time in the field
- Simplified flotation system allows adjustments to be made on the fly
- Power Down feature - lift arms can be lowered to the ground without making adjustments to flotation
- Easy header hookup with wider lift arms and power down option
Ground Drive System
- In addition to the increased field and transport speeds, the new ground drive system produces over 11,000 ft-lbs of torque
- With this power the WD5 can climb grades up to 70%
The Ultimate in Cab Comfort and Function
- Tuned cab suspension provides better fore/aft stabilization for those long haying days
- Suspended cab and air bag rear-axle suspension results in a smoother ride
- Larger, easy-entry steps, leather ventilated seat, and additional window tinting for a cool and comfortable workday
- Optional Bluetooth® radio lets you listen to your favorite music or talk hands-free
- The MultiFunction Handle is available on all models
- Handle features several ergonomic enhancements for increased operator productivity and comfort
- Three different lighting packages based on operational need:
- The standard package featuring 4 Halogen work lights in the roofline, 2 Halogen rear facing lights and 2 halogen stubble lights
- The deluxe package featuring 4 high-output LED lights in the roofline, 2 Halogen rear facing lights and 2 stubble lights
- The premium package featuring 4 high-outpet LED lights in the roofline, 2 high output LED rear facing lights and 2 high-output LED stubble lights.