High-capacity, High-efficiency Harvesting
Building on its legacy of high-capacity, high-efficiency combines, Case IH is expanding its combine lineup with new 50 series Axial-Flow® combines, which includes new Axial-Flow 250 series combines equipped with optional AFS Harvest Command™ combine automation system. Designed to optimize grain quality and grain savings, the 250 series combines feature 2-speed electric shift ground drive, adjustable rotor cage vanes and improved feeder house design. Plus, AFS Harvest Command automation simplifies harvesting by sensing and optimizing machine settings — regardless of operator skill level.
Solutions to Fit the Way You Farm
With the new 250 series Axial-Flow® combines, you can choose from three levels of automation technology so you can pick the right level to fit your operation. Plus, Model Year 2019 combines come with factory-fit telematics and a one-year subscription to AFS Connect™ command center to monitor and manage your fleet.
Standard: Standard on every combine is the Automatic Crop Settings, which allows producers to customize and save preferred combine settings by crop on the Advanced Farming Systems (AFS) Pro 700 display
Feedrate Control: Optional Feedrate Control to more accurately control ground speed based on crop load, engine power and ground speed limits set by the operator.
Full Automation: Optional AFS Harvest Command™ combine automation system proactively senses and optimizes machine performance for you.
Increase Functional Performance
250 series combines have a redesigned feeder house for improved durability and reliability in demanding crop conditions. An optional feeder fore/aft face plate control enables adjustments to be made from the cab. A redesigned feeder top shaft drive coupler features a crown spline design for greatly improved durability. A simple, two-piece feeder floor design increases durability and improves crop feeding. Plus, up to 13,500 pounds in lift capacity helps handle even the largest chopping corn head on the market.
Improved and expanded header lineup provides the latest in harvesting technology. The following headers are available on the 250 series:
- Flex Auger
- Optional feeder fore/aft face plate control enables adjustments to be made from the cab
- Optional dual, high-capacity lateral tilt
- Optional high-capacity feeder drive components (for 4416 and 4418 narrow row chopping corn heads)
- A redesigned feeder top shaft drive coupler features a crown spline design for greatly improved durability
- A simple, two-piece feeder floor design increases durability and improves crop feeding
- Lower feeder gearbox handles the high horsepower requirements of chopping corn heads and larger headers
- Intermediate feeder gearbox protects the feeder with a dual wet clutch design
- Power Plus Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) combine drive provides continuous variable power, reducing complexity and maintenance
Shift Into the Model for You
This new transmission simplifies operation so you can use first gear for harvest and second gear for roading
Electric Shift Transmission
- New 2-speed electric shift ground drive transmission for increased tractive effort, with HI/LO propulsion system to toggle between Hi and Lo ranges during harvest
- Reduces the need to stop and shift in field or on road
- Adjustable wider speed ranges for more power for climbing hills and propulsion through challenging ground conditions
- Provides greater torque through a wider speed range without shifting due to increased displacement of pumps and motors
- Improves traction and field performance with optional differential lock that is electrically actuated and hydraulically engaged
- Closed-loop sensing ensures constant speed control — like cruise control in a truck
- Maximize your harvest window with robust final drives that create greater durability and quick, seamless performance
- Enhanced road mode features improve fuel savings during transport and maximize fuel savings with economy mode and auto-idle RPM to automatically adjust engine RPM
Pump Drives/Separator Drives (PTO)
- Improved PTO gear case design ensures pumps and drives are operating efficiently throughout the entire rpm range
- Industry-exclusive CVT drive maximizes field efficiency, providing reduced complexity and maintenance
Patented Header to Feeder Ground Speed
- Automatically match header speed to ground speed with in-cab electronic variable feeder speed control
- Optimize grain savings in downed-corn conditions
- Header and feeder automatically adapt to combine speed and put more grain in your tank