Agronomically Optimize a High-efficiency Seedbed
A perfect seedbed primes a field for seed-by-seed planting precision that leads to higher yields. When a tillage regimen and planter work in harmony, a high-efficiency system is created. The suite of Case IH soil management tools and 2000 series Early Riser® planter complement each other — first creating a high-efficiency seedbed and then delivering the ultimate in seed-placement accuracy. And AFS Soil Command provides the tools needed to measure and optimize the agronomic quality of seedbeds, right from the tractor cab.
Maximize Environmental, Economic and Agronomic Performance
With AFS Soil Command tillage prescription technology, you can now match variable tillage treatments to your fields’ specific conditions like never before — from zone-specific residue management and compaction removal to improving soil conservation and minimizing erosion.
- From conservation to conventional, prescription technology takes the same variable rate approach you use for seed and fertilizer rates with site-specific tillage and zone management.
- Vary your practices based on changing soil types, field conditions and topography.
- Address a range of soil management challenges to make every inch of the field an optimal environment for plants and minimize erosion and preserve moisture where needed.
- The farm manager or agronomist uses the easy-to-use AFS Connect™ prescription creation tool to create predetermined prescription maps which indicate variable conditions as they occur to prompt automatic machine adjustments.
- With agronomic control technology, coordinated adjustments ensure the entire machine is set for peak performance — no matter the experience level of the operator.
- Gather and visualize tillage data for better agronomic insights into your operation with AFS Connect.
Productive and Efficient
- Automatic adjustments are made quickly and efficiently as your tillage tool travels across the field.
- Cover more acres with the ability to vary and increase speed as conditions allow.
- Minimize equipment wear and tear — and maximize fuel efficiency — as the machine is adjusted in conditions that require little to no tillage treatment.
Create an Agronomic Seedbed Floor
AFS Soil Command seedbed sensing technology is the first to enable you to measure and optimize the agronomic quality of your seedbed right from the tractor cab. This advanced technology delivers real-time feedback from the seedbed. This helps you make yield-enhancing adjustments and eliminate the presence of an uneven seedbed floor that causes planter row unit bounce.
Adjust Settings to Optimize Each Tillage Pass
Adjust Settings From the Seat of the Tractor
Field conditions change from field to field and from pass to pass. AFS Soil Command agronomic control technology helps you precisely coordinate control of the entire tillage tool as conditions change, to unlock more agronomic potential of the seedbed. With AFS Soil Command, you can make agronomically correct adjustments from the seat of the tractor, ensuring the entire machine is properly set.
Ensure Machine Stability
AFS Soil Command agronomic control technology enables operators to make stabilizer wheel position adjustments from the tractor cab, in addition to fore/aft leveling and Crumbler® downforce adjustments. Stabilizer wheel position is coordinated with any depth adjustment made, to ensure machine stability and a smooth seedbed.
Use Field Mapping and Two-way Data Transfer to Gain Agronomic Insights
Optimize settings to the ground you're tilling at each moment, not just to the average of the field. AFS Soil Command mapping technology records as-applied shank depth adjustments at one-second intervals, which can be used for future adjustments in-field for a healthier seedbed and seedbed floor. Seamless two-way data transfer provides producers with real-time field mapping data and makes for wireless information sharing, allowing you to compare recorded data to yield maps to understand the effects tillage has on different areas of the field to make informed agronomic insights and to create a smooth, consistent seedbed.
Combined with other AFS Soil Command capabilities, seedbed mapping technology bolsters an already powerful suite of agronomic tools used to record data, adjust equipment settings and more.